Once you’ve been at ThoughtWorks for 10years you earn a 12 week paid sabbatical. It’s such an amazing privilege that I’m very grateful for.
There aren’t any specific guidelines about what you should do with those 12 weeks other than to encourage you to do something to enrich the life of yourself and others.
So here we are on my official first day of my sabbatical and I’m really looking forward to refreshing and rejuvenating my mind, and going on some adventures.
Because I’m me… I’ve packed a tonne in! So I’m trying to scale back all the other side hopes I have and just enjoy the time. And of course… it mostly revolves around skiing.
So what’s on the agenda?
- I’m currently in St Lucia with the husband, reading, snorkelling, relaxing, trying not to get
- A week in Verbier at a women’s ski performance camp with my lovely friend Lindsay. We trained to be ski instructors together back in the day.
- I’m doing four weeks of volunteering during activity weeks for DSUK Disabled Skiing UK. A lovely group that I’ve been spending time with over the last 6 months. 2 weeks in Neiderau in Austria and 2 weeks in Arinsal in Andorra
- Bucket list item #1 – going to watch the World Cup Ski Racing in Kitzbühel
- Usual family ski week in Flumserberg
- Bucket list item #2 – hopefully getting to see the Northern Lights on a trip Iceland with my mum
- Ending with going to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in the west end!
It’s going to be an adventure for sure! Here’s to switching off from work, resting, rejuvenating and feeding my soul.